Breakfast is the day’s most important meal and it is also
connected to weight loss. That said, you might want to start asking what’s for breakfast if you want to maintain an ideal weight, lose weight or simply have good health.
Below are a few simple facts when it comes to breakfast and weight loss:
- Years of different studies established that young adults who ate breakfast had better metabolism and lower body mass index or BMI. They were also less hungry for the entire day compared
to those who skipped it.
- Another study found that adults who ate breakfast tend to be more physically active because they feel energized right at the start of the day.
- Regular morning meals help produce the enzymes that help in fat metabolization that leads to weight loss.
Healthier food choices means a healthier you in many aspects. Have you gone to school or the office early morning on an empty stomach? Notice how your brain refuses to cooperate? That is brought about by hunger. In short, breakfast allows you:
- Better cognitive function – memory and concentration is improved when essential glucose and carbohydrate is supplied to the brain at the start of the day.
- Provides the immediate energy the body needs – after fasting for several hours during sleep, morning meals literally breaks the fast to keep the body energized for the entire day.
- It leads to better and long term health – studies also indicated that breakfast helps reduce instances of high blood pressure, heart diseases, obesity and diabetes.
You see, becoming fit and maintaining weight is not really about not eating but eating right especially at the start of your day. So rise and dine, “breakfast like a king, lunch like a princess and dine like a pauper” and feel better.